Born in New York City
Met Malcolm X in Harlem in 1963 and was at the March on Washington where he talked with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.. He was on the staff of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference for the Poor Peoples Campaign in 1968.
Taught the first college courses on Men's Lives and Earth Ethics, created the Mountain Heritage School in West Virginia, instituted the first distance-learning CME at a hospital in Arizona, was chief learning at Digital Equipment Corporation and led the development of "Decision Point," an interactive expert system/computer-based training program that got the award for Best Project in the US.
Keynote speaker and consultant throughout the US and has conducted programs in Samoa, Russia, Europe, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Canada, and Mexico.
Faculty and Vice President of Prescott College in Arizona.
Design and deliver professional/organizational development interventions and programs
Co-director, MN Adamov Memorial Fund--to help blind students and their teachers in Russia, 2005-present
Columnist, "Diversity Questions & Answers," in Managing Diversity, 1991-2005 The most widely-read national monthly column on workforce diversity in the U.S. --- Columnist, College Services journal, February 2002-2005.
- Conducting high-impact educational programs, designing leadership strategies
- Facilitating professional development throughout the U.S. and Canada; programs in Samoa, Russia, Mexico, Costa Rica
- Founded Diversity University as a vehicle for training and management development; recognized as a leading figure in managing cultural diversity in the United States
- Disney Studios 2001 Retreat
- Conducted court-ordered sexual harassment training for Kansas City Fire Dept., 2000--Sexual harassment training--Lucent Technologies, Chicago; SBRA, Boston
- Designed course offered to all Fire & Rescue Depts. in the US, "Leading Diverse Communities Beyond Conflict," 2000, under FEMA/National Fire Academy
- Management training, City of Beloit WI, 2001
- "The White Minority" keynote, Wheaton College, 2001
- Martin Luther King Day speaker, interfaith program, 2001
- Keynote speaker--First joint UAW-GM conference on Diversity, Detroit, 1999; Second conference, New Orleans, 2000; U.S. Dept. of Energy conference on Diversity, Las Vegas, 1999
- First Chase Manhattan Bank conference, From Awareness to Action, 1999; "Leveraging Diversity," international senior managers, Mobil Oil, 1999
- Advisor, MIT project on Leadership, 1999-2000
- Diversity Day speaker, taught first courses on "White Males," AT&T
Manager, Strategic Information Management, Corporate Personnel Headquarters, Digital Equipment Corporation
- Most-requested professional development internal consultant in the world
- Originated strategic analysis/think tank function; resident futurist and demographic specialist--featured in The New York Times
- Instituted environmental scanning and appraisal group in Israel, Switzerland, and US
- Created forums to address personal, professional, and social change and the future
- Ph.D., Worklife Development
- Union Institute and University, Cincinnati, Ohio, Institute for Policy Studies, Washington, D.C.
- M.A., Social Change
- Cambridge-Goddard Graduate School for Social Change, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- B.A., Applied Behavioral Science
- Antioch College, Yellow Springs, Ohio